We’ve mentioned our Student ePortfolios before, but now it’s official – our Student ePortfolios are live! Today is the soft launch of our ePortfolio system, which allows you – our Saylor.org students – to:
- Create a new account or log in via Facebook.
- Enroll in an area of study – or individual courses that peak your interest.
- See the courses you’ve successfully completed.
- Track your progress through a discipline.
- Download a digital transcript that you can take to your employer or academic institution.
You might be wondering why we are only doing a soft launch. Well, we’re working on so many exciting ePortfolio features that we decided to hold off on our official launch for now. By early May, you can expect the following additional features to pop up in your ePortfolio account:
- The option to upload and display your resume or C.V.
- The ability to upload and share work samples that you can then tag to courses or areas of study.
- The opportunity to participate in discussion forums with other Saylor.org students.
… Well, what are you waiting for? Head over to eportfolio.saylor.org to up your ePortfolio and start keeping track of your Saylor.org studies! User instructions are available here. Please keep in mind that our ePortfolio is currently in a beta version. We will be making changes and updates to the system over the next month, but, of course, if you run into any issues or have suggestions, please don’t hesitate to leave a comment below or contact us.
Stay tuned to the Saylor Journals for updates on the ePortfolio!