Let your networks see what you have worked hard to achieve
You may know LinkedIn as a professional social network and a place to share your resume, but it is also a place to display your Saylor Academy certificates with links back to content and verification details to allow anyone to connect you to your learning.
Your Accredible certificate details on your LinkedIn profile at the click of a button
All new Saylor Academy certificates completed via learn.saylor.org (the new platform for our courses, currently in “public beta”) provide a convenient, one-click solution to add your certificate to you LinkedIn profile. When you view your certificate at the Accredible website, one of the sharing options is a friendly blue button that allows you to display the key details and a link to your public certificate right on your LinkedIn professional profile.
Speaking of friendly blue buttons, maybe now is a good time to invite you to follow Saylor Academy?
[st_button type=”custom” url=”https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-saylor-foundation” button_label=”Connect with Saylor Academy on LinkedIn” style=”primary” is_block=”0″ margin_top=”20″ margin_bottom=”20″ size=”btn-lg” position=”center” link_target=”_blank” icon=””]
Now show off ALL your Saylor Academy certificates
The ability to display your learning achievements is not limited to new Saylor Academy certificates, however (or even just to Saylor Academy). You can add any or all of your existing certificates to your profile by repeating a few simple steps. To add a previous certificate or certification, log in to your LinkedIn account, visit the profile editor page, and follow these steps:
1. If you have not already done so, add the Certifications section to your profile — click on “View More” just below the words “Add a section to your profile“.
2. Click on “Add certificate” — a button will appear when you move the mouse to the top-right corner of the Certifications section. There is also a button at the bottom of the section.
3. A blank form should appear, inviting you to add some details; we advise the following:
- Certification Name – the name of the course for which you received the certificate
- Certification Authority – Saylor Academy; once you have typed a few letters, you should see our company page suggested. Click on this to complete this field
- License Number – existing certificates all have unique verification codes that can be checked against your name, course, and date at school.saylor.org
- Certification URL – you could use school.saylor.org if you wish to focus on verification of the certificate or the course URL if you wish for people to be able to easily examine the course itself
- Date(s) – Start and end dates (month, year) for the certificate’s validity. Our certificates do not have defined expiration dates.
4. When you are satisfied, click “Save”. You have a brand-new certificate listed on your LinkedIn profile! If you made a mistake or wish to change anything, move your mouse over the certificate information when you are logged in and editing your profile.
That’s it! Immediately below is a Certifications profile section that is displaying both old (school.saylor.org) and new (learn.saylor.org) certificates. By default, new entries go to the bottom, but if you move your mouse over the left edge of any entry, you will be able to drag that entry to whatever position you wish.
Screenshots by Saylor Academy of: certificate of achievement – Accredible; all other images – LinkedIn