Change is nearly upon us: The old testing center at school.saylor.org, which currently serves our set of legacy courses, will close down this coming Wednesday, 26 August, after 10:00 AM EDT (2:00 PM GMT).
Learn.saylor.org, the current courses and testing site, will also be unavailable between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM EDT (2:00 PM and 4:00 PM GMT) for site maintenance.
What this means:
- Graded quizzes and exams for all legacy courses will no longer be available.
- Certificates for all legacy courses will no longer be issued (certificates already issued will be recreated as Accredible certificates).
- Exams for legacy courses will be made available soon in an ungraded format.
- Effectively, legacy courses will become Saylor-hosted but truly student-directed.
- Please note: if your course is listed at https://learn.saylor.org, it is a fully-supported course. The only thing you will notice is a ~2 hour maintenance window. If your course is listed at https://legacy.saylor.org, it is a legacy course and the points above all apply.
What you should do:
- Save or print any specific records (like a quiz or exam attempt) that you want to keep.
- Complete final exams to earn certificates. Any exams that are closed because you have a recent attempt will open for one more attempt on Monday morning, EDT.
- A lot of people use our courses in a lot of different ways; if you have particular concerns, please get in touch at our contact page.
- You can also follow our announcement in the discussion forums (create a new account to post).
- Remember that our legacy courses are hosted on GitHub and are openly licensed for anyone to adopt and adapt.