Education Project Coordinator
Saylor Academy seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to fill the position of Education Project Coordinator. Saylor currently employs dozens of college-level instructors who are developing and vetting educational content (e.g. learning outcomes, instructional resources, exams, and assessments) for inclusion in the Saylor’s suite of free online courses. The Education Project Coordinator will be part of the Education Team, working closely with Education Project Managers and instructors to coordinate and track all content development efforts. They will also be in charge of quality assurance efforts and the ongoing peer review of Saylor courseware. Over time, this position is expected to evolve to include larger project management responsibilities.
About Saylor Academy
Saylor Academy was established in 1999 by Michael Saylor. The Academy has launched a free education nonprofit initiative committed to curating and structuring open educational resources into complete online courses, with the goal of driving the cost of higher education down to zero. The initiative seeks to provide the architecture for a new educational model designed to disseminate free, high-quality materials to those who lack the means to access traditional schooling. Learn more at www.saylor.org/about.
The Junior Education Project Manager will:
- Overseeing the course Quality Assurance program and associated processes;
- Overseeing the course Peer Review program;
- Corresponding directly with internal staff and external subject matter experts for recruitment, onboarding, and invoicing matters;
- Work with the Education Team to plan and implement targeted improvements to the Academy’s courseware;
- Preparing course development project materials;
- Updating course development records to reflect course and project status changes;
- Assisting in the maintenance and organization of course content files;
- Assisting Education Project Managers in incorporating instructional design best practices into all Saylor Academy courses; and
- Contributing to Education Team strategy discussions and implementing team goals.
- Personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive goals;
- A strong commitment to open education;
- Ability to thrive in an environment with significant growth, diversity, and change;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Education, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or similar;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- Ability to work independently and accept feedback openly;
- Ability to offer constructive feedback and ideas to colleagues at all levels in the organization;
- Outstanding organization and problem-solving abilities;
- A detail-oriented and self-motivated personality;
- A positive, can-do attitude; and;
- A collaborative, team-based approach.
The Education Project Coordinator position is full-time and is based at the Academy’s offices near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC. Benefits will be provided.
$45,000 per year.
Please contact Saylor Academy, at [email protected], with the subject heading “Education Project Coordinator” if interested.