Education Project Specialist
Private foundation running open education initiative seeks an organized, responsible undergraduate or graduate student to assist in the maintenance and advancement of our web-based courseware.
About Saylor Academy
Saylor Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, D.C. Saylor Academy’s mission is to open education to all. This mission is sustained by the continued evolution of an open educational ecosystem, and we are dedicated partners in this movement. Saylor’s commitment to the open education ecosystem is founded not just on open educational resources and open source learning technologies, but also on open access to credentials, and ongoing open learning opportunities. Learn more at www.saylor.org/about.
The Education Project Specialist will:
- Upload course content and assessments to the Academy’s online learning management system;
- Edit and format open educational resources;
- Assist in the continued maintenance of the Academy’s courseware;
- Work with the Education Team to plan and implement targeted improvements to the Academy’s courseware;
- Perform data entry projects under the supervision of Education Project Managers and Instructional Designers;
- Engage in a variety of research exercises related to the Education Team’s initiatives;
- Attend staff meetings and events as requested; and
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks, all of which contribute to the Saylor Academy’s continuing mission of driving down the cost of education. Specifically, the Education Project Specialist will support the Education Team Managers and Director in delivering and maintaining the Academy’s suite of web-based courseware.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) earned or in progress;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- Highly organized and highly motivated;
- A passion for education and commitment to educational alternatives;
- Excellent computer and online research skills;
- Proficient with Google Docs and Microsoft Office;
- Ability to critically examine a problem and develop innovative solutions;
- Ability to meet expectations in a timely manner;
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience with teaching, learning design, and effective pedagogy and plus;
- Ability to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week.
The Education Project Specialist position is part-time (up to 29 hours per week) and located at the Academy’s offices near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC.
Pay is $13.00 per hour.
- Cover letter
Please contact Devon Ritter, Director of Education for Saylor Academy, at [email protected], with the subject heading “Education Project Specialist” if interested.