Private foundation running open education initiative seeks an organized, responsible part-time employee to assist in the maintenance and advancement of our web-based courseware. This is a great opportunity for undergraduate or graduate students.
About Saylor Academy
Saylor Academy is a 501(c)(3) non-profit education initiative based in Washington, D.C. Saylor Academy’s mission is to open education to all. This mission is sustained by the continued evolution of an open educational ecosystem, and we are dedicated partners in this movement. Saylor Academy’s commitment is founded not just on open educational resources and open source learning technologies, but also on open access to credentials, and ongoing open learning opportunities. Learn more at www.saylor.org/about.
The Education Project Specialist will:
- Upload course content and assessments to the Academy’s online learning management system;
- Edit and format open educational resources;
- Assist in the continued maintenance of the Academy’s courseware;
- Work with the Education Team to plan and implement targeted improvements to the Academy’s courseware;
- Perform data entry projects under the supervision of Education Project Managers and Instructional Designers;
- Engage in a variety of research exercises related to the Education Team’s initiatives;
- Attend staff meetings and events as requested; and
- Provide other administrative support as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) earned or in progress;
- Excellent computer and online research skills;
- Proficient with Google Docs and Microsoft Office;
- Highly organized and highly motivated;
- Ability to work independently without regular supervision;
- Ability to meet expectations in a timely manner;
- Ability to multi-task effectively;
- A passion for education and commitment to educational alternatives;
- Experience creating and managing online content (preferred);
- Experience working with college faculty or subject matter experts (preferred);
- Ability to critically examine a problem and develop innovative solutions;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to commit a minimum of 20 hours a week.
Summary: The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of tasks, all of which contribute to the Saylor Academy’s continuing mission of driving down the cost of education. Specifically, the Education Project Specialist will support the Education Team Managers and Director in delivering and maintaining the Academy’s suite of web-based courseware.
The Education Project Specialist position is part-time (up to 29 hours per week) and located at the Academy’s offices near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC.
Pay is $15 per hour.
- Cover letter
Please email cover letter and resume with the subject line “Education Project Specialist” to [email protected].