Junior Education Project Manager
Saylor Academy seeks a highly organized, detail-oriented individual to fill the position of Junior Education Project Manager. Working with the Education Team, the Junio EPM will help coordinate and oversee the day-to-day activities of the Saylor Academy’s courseware development and course update processes. The Junior EPM will work directly with consulting faculty and subject matter experts to create high-quality educational learning modules and courseware. This role is expected to evolve as future needs of the organization emerge and expand.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the senior members of the Education Team, manage content development, peer review, assessment creation, and course implementation;
- Support the senior members of the Education Team in updating, establishing, and maintaining all content development protocols and guidelines;
- Working with senior members of the Education Team award faculty contracts based on organizational priorities and budgeting;
- Working with the Education Project Coordinator, recruit, on-board, and remotely supervise consulting faculty, providing instructions, maintaining records, and setting and enforcing project timelines and standards;
- Advise faculty members on course design issues and best practices in online teaching and learning;
- Working with senior members of the Education team manage a small team of internal, part-time Education Project Specialists;
- Collaborate critically and creatively with the Technology Team to communicate the Education Team’s priorities for the Academy’s online platforms and analytics;
- Help manage Saylor’s open content sourcing, creation, adoption, and documentation;
- Ensure that all finalized content meets internal standards, conduct copy and line edits of course content, and maintain quality control protocols
- Incorporate instructional design best practices into all Saylor Academy courses;
- Troubleshoot course-specific issues, whether regarding instructional design, content use, or formatting; and.
- Speak on behalf of Saylor at industry events, especially educator events.
- Personal initiative with the desire and ability to meet aggressive goals;
- A strong commitment to open education;
- Ability to thrive in an environment with significant growth, diversity, and change;
- Demonstrated interest in Education, Educational Technology, Instructional Design, or similar;
- Exceptional writing and editing skills;
- 1-3 years professional experience in education design, educational administration, or similar preferred;
- Ability to work independently and accept feedback openly;
- Ability to offer constructive feedback and ideas to colleagues at all levels in the organization;
- Outstanding organization and problem-solving abilities;
- A detail-oriented and self-motivated personality;
- A positive, can-do attitude; and
- A collaborative, team-based approach
$47,500 per year
Full-time, exempt position
Health, Vision, and Dental benefits are available
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Junior Education Project Manager” in the subject line.