About Saylor Academy
Saylor Academy is committed to driving the cost of higher education down to zero by creating courses and degrees composed of high-quality open educational resources (OER). Saylor Academy provides a zero-cost option to those who lack the resources or ability to access traditional education and serves hundreds of thousands of students around the world with our free courses and certificates.
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, the Senior Digital Multimedia Specialist is responsible for the development of transformational, dynamic, and engaging online digital content for students, faculty, and other Saylor Academy stakeholders. This position serves Saylor Academy as an advisor for digital media creation and educational technology integration to optimize the student learning experience. Additional duties include digital content development and advising for Marketing and other departments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with project managers, instructional design staff, quality assurance and faculty subject matter experts to create transformational digital content;
- Researching, evaluating, and formulating recommendations to improve digital media for teaching and learning excellence;
- Serving as an institutional advisor and expert on current and emerging learning technologies;
- Assisting the Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator with the technical and aesthetic integration of digital media and learning technologies in the teaching and learning experience;
- Applying WCAG, ADA, Section 508, and UDL standards and best practices across digital platforms;
- Updating Saylor Academy websites and providing digital design solutions to support marketing and social media operations; and
- Ensuring compliance with licensing, intellectual property, and copyright requirements.
- A minimum of a master’s degree in a related field, doctorate preferred;
- Seven to ten or more years of documented experience with multimedia integration and digitization for higher education online learning environments;
- Experience working with open educational resources (OER);
- Course building experience is a plus;
- The ability to organize and lead multiple projects under tight deadlines;
- Demonstrated experience in utilizing common industry software applications including eLearning authoring tools;
- An ability to code HTML5 and programming language experience is preferred;
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills;
- Self-motivated; ability to work with minimal supervision; and
- Deep commitment to Saylor Academy’s free education mission.
Employment Type: Full-time, exempt position. Benefits will be provided, including health, dental and vision insurance.
Reports To: Director of Information Technology
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience and alignment with our nonprofit mission.
Location: The successful candidate may work remotely in the United States, depending on state of residence. Preference given to qualified candidates in the Ft. Lauderdale, Florida and Baltimore-Washington, DC metropolitan areas.
Send CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer