Student Support Coordinator
Do you love engaging with people around the world? Are you inspired by the idea that education and learning credentials should be affordable for everyone? Saylor Academy is a pioneer in the rapidly growing Open Education community, about to enter our tenth year. We are looking for a charismatic communicator to be a liaison between the Academy and our worldwide community of students.
As Student Support Coordinator, you will be instrumental in representing Saylor Academy to current and prospective students and members of the the public. You will also help to represent those constituents back to our team, ensuring that student questions and feedback are appropriately considered.
This is a “customer service” role – except by “customer”, we mean students and others the world over, and by “service”, we mean keep your finger on the pulse of our communities and help to create a professional, responsive, open, warm, smart, and solid public persona for our organization.
In this role, you will have the support of our marketing and communications team.
We will ask you to:
- Provide support on multiple Saylor Academy channels including email, chat, social media, discussion forums, and other channels as appropriate;
- Coordinate responses to support tickets from other Saylor Academy staff, ensuring that we “close the loop” in a timely, accurate, professional manner;
- Facilitate intra-Academy communication in discussion forums, on social media, and on other Academy platforms;
- Stay up-to-date on developments and innovations in Academy projects, most particularly those which might directly affect students;
- Clearly and consistently articulate the Academy’s image, message, and tone in all communications;
- Anticipate student needs and difficulties, communicate issues to colleagues, and facilitate successful resolutions;
- Report and communicate student successes internally and externally;
- Advocate for students and other members of Saylor Academy community, seeking to optimize our processes as well as our products and services;
- Support the Education, Development and Marketing/Communications teams in other related duties as needed.
- Outstanding customer service skills – experience in a service or support role is a plus;
- Interest in education, education technology and online education;
- Proactive and abiding curiosity;
- Superb written and oral communication skills (ability to read minds and read between the lines a plus!);
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently;
- Social media and/or online authorship experience a plus;
- Great eye for detail;
- Ability to evaluate and change priorities daily;
- Ability to work a regular/consistent schedule to provide the support coverage.
The Student Support Coordinator position is part-time (up to 29 hours per week) and located at the Academy’s offices near Dupont Circle in Washington, DC.
Pay is $12.50 per hour.
- Cover letter
Please email cover letter and resume with the subject line Student Support Coordinator to [email protected]