The Saylor Foundation (the Foundation) collects limited personally identifiable information from you solely to allow you to get the optimal benefit of our content as described in the “How We Use Your User Information” section below. We will not sell your personally identifiable information. We will not intentionally share your information with anyone you do not authorize us to and we will only share the information we collect from you as described in the section below entitled “How We Share Your User Information.”
Information We Collect About You
The Foundation provides you with the ability to view and share educational content, create and view communications among users, and share your completed course and related information to users and third parties. In order to facilitate these processes, the Foundation may collect personal information and content that you provide. Additionally, when you use Facebook to access and interact with Foundation controlled sites, we may collect Facebook Information you have made visible to “Everyone” on Facebook as well as the information Facebook designates as your publicly available information.
How We Use Your User Information
The Foundation will only use your User Information for the following purposes:
- to provide technical support and to respond to your inquiries
- to communicate about new features
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities
- to solicit your feedback to improve your user experience; and
- to communicate information regarding your account, your student transcript, and other information related to your interaction with the courseware
We will not sell your personally identifiable User Information to anyone. You may choose to not receive communications from us about new features or promotions of the Service by opting out of such communications
How We Share Your User Information
In general, it is not the Foundation’s practice to disclose personal information to third parties. However, we may share your User Information in the following cases:
- With Your Consent: We may share your User Information with other third parties with your consent.
- As Required by Law: We may disclose any User Information we deem necessary, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- To Prevent Harm or Loss: We may disclose User Information when, in our sole discretion, we believe, disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with suspected or actual illegal activity.
We will not intentionally provide personally identifiable User Information to third parties for their use in marketing their products or services to you, but we do not control and are not responsible for third party sites used to access Foundation controlled sites, such as Facebook, or their use of content and information they collect.
While we cannot guarantee that no accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use of your information will occur, we will take reasonable steps to prevent any such occurrences.
How to Contact Us