About Saylor Academy
Saylor Academy’s mission is to open education to all.
Saylor Academy is a nonprofit initiative working since 2008 to offer free and open online courses to all who want to learn. We offer nearly 100 full-length courses at the college and professional levels, each of which is available right now — at your pace, on your schedule, and free of cost.
Whether you are looking for career advancement, degree completion, professional development, or more casual learning, we have something just for you. At Saylor Academy, you can earn modern, digital certificates of completion; earn tuition-free college credit through our network of partner schools; or even start a low-cost, convenient degree program.
“I never thought I would get a chance for education at a level like this, and it’s very very true Saylor is a saviour. Now I am taking career related courses before others. Thanks millions to Saylor Academy.”
– Rineta, Solomon Islands
Spread The Word
You can help! The best way, of course, is to join Saylor Academy as a student — explore, learn, pursue, and help us to build a robust, engaged, worldwide community of learners. But you can also help by telling a friend — or many — about Saylor Academy. Word of mouth is hugely important; you make a real difference for us with each person you tell and, quite possibly, a real difference for that person, too.
We Are Different
If you have taken open online courses before, you will find that we do things a bit differently.
Our learning materials are curated from a trove of free and open online resources by expert educators. We focus on designing a self-paced learning experience that comes as close as possible to what you would learn in the college classroom. Our certificates are free, our courses are available to you any time, and the deadlines are under your control.
Find Out More
We encourage you to explore our site to find out more of what Saylor Academy has to offer, but here are some highlights you might find helpful:
- See what makes our certificates special
- Explore college credit opportunities for Saylor Academy courses
- Browse our catalog of courses
- Learn how to get started with your first course
- Discover our partner schools
- Research your questions in our Help Center
- Learn more about what Open means to us at our Open Course Resource Center, including:
- details on Creative Commons and other open licenses we use
- how you can adopt and adapt Saylor Academy courses for your own needs
- Saylor Academy is the primary initiative of the Constitution Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit founded by Michael J. Saylor
- Meet our team, our founder, and the roster of our course contributors and reviewers
- View current employment opportunities
Saylor Academy is a co-sponsor of Connecting Credentials. Managed by the Corporation for a Skilled Workforce, with support from the Lumina Foundation, Connecting Credentials supports stakeholders in the movement to improve credentialing in the United States. Find out more at https://connectingcredentials.org
Saylor Academy is an organizational member of CAEL, the Council for Adult and Experiential Learning. As a member, we support CAEL’s mission of advocacy and innovation in enhancing learning opportunities for every adult. Find out more at https://www.cael.org