Mekelle University, which is located in Mekelle 783km away from the Ethiopian capital Addis Ababa, is a federal government-funded higher education institution with an international reputation for teaching, research and community engagement, and collaborative and partnership understanding with national and international sister institutions from all over the world.
Having graduated more than 100,000 professionals in the last two decades-until 2021, the onset of the devastating self-conflict in Tigray, Mekelle University, with the designation of Research University, was one of the top universities in Ethiopia with an aspiration to be among the leading research universities in Africa. At present, with more than 7000 academic and administrative staff, the University has seven colleges, eight academic institutes and two research institutes running a total of 396 programs including 53 PhD, 204 master’s, 14 specialty, 3 sub-specialty and 122 undergraduate programs with some more programs in the pipeline.
Mekelle University and Saylor Academy have partnered to offer skill development opportunities to Mekelle University students. Students can take any Saylor Academy course and earn fully digital, shareable certificates, however, Mekelle University and Saylor Academy have recommended the following courses to help you start on your journey.
University Recommended Courses
1. BUS 210: Business Communication
2. ENGL 210: Technical Writing
3. BUS401: Management Leadership
4. ESL003: Upper-Intermediate English as a Second Language
5. MA121: Introduction to Statistics
6. PRDV005: Time and Stress Management
7. PRDV102: Resume Writing
8. PRDV211: Foundations of Human Communication
9. PRDV228: Decision-Making
10. PRDV009: Writing Grant Proposals
11. PRDV002: Professional Writing
12. COMM101: Public Speaking
13. BUS403: Negotiations and Conflict Management
14. BUS303: Strategic Information Technology