Although hiring practices were already moving in this direction, the sudden onset of the COVID-19 pandemic accelerated the need for skills-based hiring dramatically. Those employers who are still hiring even in the midst of this economic downturn–and there are many–require specific skill and knowledge sets to fill their employment ranks. For small and medium-sized employers, who may have few resources devoted to sourcing and upskilling talent, the need to fill skills gaps is a daunting task. After attending this webinar, representatives from small and medium-sized companies and workforce developers will be able to:
- Identify those industries and jobs that have openings and that will be hiring
- Identify the skills and knowledge sets needed in those jobs
- Identify a variety of free and low-cost resources accessible to them and their current or future employees to fill the skills gap
Date: June 25, at 2pm Eastern Time
Please click here to watch the June 22nd webinar.
- Jeanne Contardo, Vice President and Managing Director, Capital CoLAB, Greater Washington Partnership
- Steven Taylor, Founder and CEO, ED2WORK
- Jeffery S. Davidson, Executive Director, Saylor Academy
When: Jun 25, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Topic: Getting America Back to Work: Skills-Based Hiring for Small and Medium-Sized Firms
Register here in advance for this webinar.