But the big news today is that the first course on our list is ready to go! Saylor.org students can take our CS402: Computer Communications Networks course in preparation for the TESC CMP-354-TE Network Technologies exam.
402 is a detailed introduction to the basic hardware and software components for computer communications in local area networks, including the basics of computer networks, switching, routing, protocols and security. Fun fact: the course textbook was created as a part of our Open Textbook Challenge, which has brought several texts out under a CC BY license.
Not interested in Computer Science but still want to find out more about the Student Credit Pathways initiative?
Our Student Credit Pathways page has the low-down. We’ve also outlined 250+ pathways to potential credit both within and outside of Saylor.org.
Coming Soon With TESC Backing:
- BUS206: Management Information Systems. Aligned to future TECEP Exam.
- BUS403: Negotiations and Conflict Management. Aligned to future TECEP Exam.
- HIST103: World History in the Early Modern and Modern Eras (1600-Present). Aligned to future TECEP Exam.
- ME101: Introduction to Mechanical Engineering. Aligned to future TECEP Exam.
- ME103: Thermodynamics. Aligned to future TECEP Exam.
- POLSC221: Introduction to Comparative Politics. Aligned to future TECEP Exam.